Apple’s M1 chip is Apple’s fastest single-core CPU benchmark on a Mac, and it beats many high-end Intel competitors in multi-core performance. Developer Erik Engheim recently shared an in-depth look at the M1 chip, exploring why Apple’s new processor is so much faster than the Intel chip it replaces. M1 is not a CPU! First, the M1 is not a simple CPU. As Apple explains, itR...
According to reports, Canon announced on September 9 the acquisition of Canadian Semiconductor manufacturer Redlen Technologies for C$341 million. The acquisition is expected to accelerate Canon’s entry into the medical field.
The report pointed out that Canon has invested in Redlen as early as 2018 and holds 15% of the shares so far. The transaction will acquire the remaining 85% of Redlen’s shares for C$341 million. After the transaction is completed, Redlen will become a wholly-owned subsidiary of Canon, and Redlen’s leadership and the entire team will remain at Redlen.
Founded in 1999, Redlen is a leading provider of multi-energy, X-ray imaging modules based on proprietary Cadmium Zinc Telluride imaging sensors. Through this transaction, Canon will be able to expand its medical device business, including accelerating the development of photon counting computed tomography (PCCT).