Unigroup Youshang Group launches an image recognition USB Camera solution based on onsemi and Sunplus products
On October 20, 2021, the leading semiconductor component distributor dedicated to the Asia-Pacific market, Grand United Holdings, announced that its subsidiary Youshang has launched an AR0234CS sensor based on Onsemi and a SPCA26xx master chip from Sunplus. The image recognition USB Camera solution.
Figure 1-The Display board of the USB Camera solution for image recognition based on Onsemi and Sunplus products
Technology is leading the society to change towards intelligence, which makes the demand for imaging products in all walks of life also increase day by day. And with the continuous advancement of this technology, the industry’s requirements for image sensors have become more and more stringent. From the initial 300,000-pixel global exposure products to the current 2 million-pixel global exposure products, more and more high-pixel products are being received by customers. favorite. The USB Camera solution for image recognition based on onsemi and Sunplus products adopts a 2 million pixel CMOS image sensor, which can capture images accurately and quickly.
Figure 2-The physical image of the USB Camera solution for image recognition based on Onsemi and Sunplus products
The core device of this solution, AR0234CS, is a 1/2.6 inch 2 million pixel CMOS digital image sensor under Onsemi, which has an active pixel array of 1920 (H) x 1200 (V), and adopts a new global shutter pixel design. Accurately and quickly capture 120 frames per second, full resolution moving scenes. With its powerful performance, the sensor can produce clear, low-noise images in low light and bright scenes.
In addition, AR0234CS has complex camera functions, such as automatic exposure control, window, row skip mode, column skip mode, pixel-framing, video and single frame mode, and has a programmable simple two-wire serial interface. Not only that, AR0234CS generates very clear digital photos with the industry’s advanced global shutter efficiency. Its ability to capture continuous video and single frame makes it widely used in scanning, automatic movement, monitoring and industrial quality control.
Figure 3-Scene application diagram of the image recognition USB Camera solution based on Onsemi and Sunplus products
By combining onsemi’s image sensor with both high accuracy and speed and Sunplus high-performance main controller, this solution can be applied to unmanned supermarkets, coffee machines, restaurant service robots, unmanned logistics vehicles and other fields.
Core technical advantages:
• Superior low light and infrared performance;
• HD video (1080p120);
• Support: 8-bit/10-bit MIPI, 1/2/4-lane MIPI or 10-bit/8-bit parallel data interface;
• Automatic black level calibration (ABLC);
• On-chip automatic exposure control and statistical engine for any 5×5 programmable ROI;
• Horizontal and vertical mirroring, window and pixel frame for automatic exposure control of chip histogram of any programmable ROI;
• Any programmable ROI of the 5×5 statistical engine;
• Flexible control of row and column skip mode;
• Single-chip slave synchronization or synchronization trigger mode;
• Built-in strobe light control;
• On-chip lens shading correction.
• This program supports:
• AR0234CS output is in black and white format;
• Sensitive area: 1/2.6;
• Pixel size: 3.0um;
• The maximum output rate of the solution supports:
• 1920*1200 90 frames;
• 1920*108090 frames;
• 1280*720 120 frames.
• Output format support: MJPEG/YUV422.
• Supportable system:
• 1.Win XP/Vista/Win7/Win8/Win10;
• 2.ac Linux (include UVC).