Business Negotiations DFM Meeting Molds Machining Precision Machining Shop The metal materials used in die casting are mainly aluminum alloys, magnesium alloys, zinc alloys and copper alloys. Since aluminum alloy die castings are widely used in the automotive industry, they account for a high proportion of die castings. According to the statistics of China Foundry Association, the proportion...
Aluminum alloy has low density, but relatively high strength, close to or surpassing high-quality steel, good plasticity, can be processed into various profiles, has excellent electrical conductivity, thermal conductivity and corrosion resistance, widely used in industry, and its usage is second only to steel . The following editor will introduce to you the characteristics and main applications of aluminum alloy casting.
Features of aluminum alloy casting:
1) Good fluidity to fill the narrow part of the slot.
2) It has a lower melting point than ordinary metals, but it can meet the requirements of most situations.
3) Good thermal conductivity, the heat of molten aluminum can be quickly transferred to the casting mold, and the casting cycle is short.
4) Hydrogen and other harmful gases in the melt can be effectively controlled by treatment.
5) When aluminum alloy is cast, there is no tendency of hot brittle cracking and tearing.
6) Good chemical stability and strong corrosion resistance.
7) It is not easy to produce surface defects, the surface of the casting has good surface finish and gloss, and it is easy to carry out surface treatment
8) Casting aluminum alloy machining has good processing performance. It can be used for casting production by pressing mold, hard mold, green sand and dry sand mold, investment plaster mold, vacuum casting, low pressure and high pressure casting, squeeze casting, semi-solid casting. Casting, centrifugal casting and other methods are used to form various castings with different uses, different specifications and different properties. Cast aluminum alloys are widely used in cars, such as engine cylinder heads, intake manifolds, pistons, wheel hubs, steering booster housings, etc.
What are the main applications of aluminum alloy casting?
Casting aluminum alloy is an die casting alloy that fills the mold with molten metal and obtains blanks of various shapes. It has the advantages of low density, high specific strength, good corrosion resistance and casting manufacturability, and is less restricted by the structural design of parts. Divided into Al-Si and Al-Si-Mg-Cu-based medium-strength alloys; Al-Cu-based high-strength alloys; Al-Mg-based corrosion-resistant alloys; Al-Re-based heat-strength alloys. Most require heat treatment to strengthen alloys, eliminate internal stress in castings, stabilize microstructure and part size. Used to manufacture beams, gas turbine blades, pump bodies, pylons, hubs, air intake lip and engine casings, etc. It is also used in the manufacture of automobile cylinder heads, gearboxes and pistons, instrumentation housings and supercharger pump parts.
Casting aluminum alloy has good casting properties, and can be made into parts with complex shapes; it does not require huge additional equipment; it has the advantages of saving metal, reducing costs, and reducing man-hours, and is widely used in the aviation industry and civil industry. Used to manufacture beams, gas turbine blades, pump bodies, pylons, hubs, air intake lip and engine casings, etc. It is also used in the manufacture of automobile cylinder heads, gearboxes and pistons, instrumentation housings and supercharger pump parts.
Copyright notice: This article comes from https://invest-casting.com/