Selection Of Main Parameters Of Chain Drive Of Cnc Machine Tool When designing a chain drive, the transmitted power P, the speed of the small sprocket m, the speed of the large chain z or the transmission ratio z, the load situation and the use conditions are generally known. It is necessary to determine the chain number (pitch), the number of teeth of the sprocket, z:, the number of chai...
What Is Machine Mound Surface Knurling
Surface knurling is a type of rolling process and also belongs to chip-free machining. It is on the surface of the machine tool operating parts and common tools, after rolling with a knurling knife, the surface is plastically deformed to form a pattern, so as to increase the friction of the hand of the fastener, save effort and increase beauty.
There are two kinds of knurled patterns: straight pattern and reticulated pattern, and sometimes in the form of twill pattern.
Their main parameter is the pattern pitch p. It reflects the thickness of the pattern. The machine tool generally adopts the machining method of milling gears, so it takes the gear series as the standard.
Knurling knives are available in single wheel, double wheel and six wheel. The double-wheel knurling knife is composed of two twill knurling knives with left and right rotations, which are used to roll the mesh. The six-wheel knurling knives consist of three sets of knurling knives with different mesh pitches assembled on a specially made shank for ease of use.
- The selection of machine tool knurling knives should generally be selected according to the pattern shape and pitch p specified in the drawing.
Generally, the pitch should be selected according to the diameter of the workpiece and the width of the pattern. When the diameter and width of the workpiece are large, the thicker pattern should be selected, otherwise, the thinner pattern should be selected.
- The clamping of the machine tool knurling tool is similar to that of the ordinary turning tool. After leveling the tool holder, adjust the center height of the knurling tool to be equal to the rotation center of the workpiece. In order to facilitate the gear teeth to cut the workpiece surface, the outer surface of the roller and the outer circle of the workpiece can be formed 2. ~3. The included angle in the clockwise direction, at the beginning of rolling, make the front end of the roller contact the workpiece first.
- Operation step 1) Since the surface of the workpiece is plastically deformed during knurling, the outer circle increases, so according to the material properties and pitch p, the diameter to be knurled should be smaller than the nominal size p (0.25-0.5 ) mm.
Start the lathe, first align the front end of the workpiece with 1/2~1/3 of the width of the roller, feed with a larger radial force to reduce the rolling area of the roller, increase the working pressure, and make the roller easy to press into the surface . When a deeper pattern is formed, longitudinal feed is carried out, and the rolling back and forth is repeated 2-3 times to make the pattern clear and beautiful.
- When knurling, a lower cutting speed should be selected to prevent slippage between the roller and the surface of the workpiece, generally 7~15m/min.
- The roller should rotate freely, and the matching accuracy of the hole diameter and the shaft, Should be selected according to H7/h8, especially the tolerance of coaxiality should be less than 0 0imm.
- Although knurling is chip-free processing, during the rolling process, some chips will be generated, which are mixed on the rolling surface, which not only affects the quality of the knurling, but also affects the life of the roller. Therefore, in addition to filling a sufficient amount of cutting fluid, the machine tool should also remove debris and other impurities in time.
- The radial force of knurling is large. Therefore, the machine tool should control the feed force appropriately. Finishing should also be arranged after knurling to prevent deformation of the workpiece.
- The surface roughness value R of the workpiece before knurling. Should be around 6 3ym.
- Do not touch the workpiece during knurling.
At Be-cu.com,we use advanced equipment to offer you Unparalleled precision for producing metal and plastic machining parts
- We combine the latest Cnc milling and turning processes with proprietary technology to deliver high quality, on-demand parts.
- Our team of engineers and machinists program the equipment to optimize cutting time, surface finish, and final tolerance to meet your design specifications
- We specialize in cnc precision machining, single part prototyping, short to medium production runs, manufacture parts on time, every time, so you can stay ahead of schedule
- CNC machining can create very similar parts to series parts. It is often more efficient and faster than other rapid prototyping technologies for the manufacture of a quantity of prototypes between 1 and 10 parts . We also recommend CNC machining for parts with large sizes (greater than 600 mm).